Ang website ng Pamilya Moulic

Friday, January 12, 2007

Novena to the Santo Niño

With the cold weather still around, our Matthew got the worse case of flu. He actually got it from me because I had a stuffy nose all week. Blame it also to the airconditoning in our room that was fixed recently and was given a new dose of Freon. Matthew had a hard time breathing and was very irritable. He couldn't sleep and even couldn't appreciate his 'mimi" (milk).

We were all worried. My mom was constantly asking for updates regarding his condition. Matthew, on the other hand, acted like he wasn't sick. He jumped gleefully on our bed. We were then asked by my mom to go on a novena to Santo Niño which was the first day today. In just minutes, we headed off to our parish church.

Novenas are prayers being said for nine (9) consecutive days with specific intentions being made. As for me, this novena is defintely for the health of my son. The feast of the Santo Niño is celebrated on the third Sunday of January, which makes it on January 21.

If you have special intentions, pray this novena.

No comments: